Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I wore today

Whenever I go to Target, whether I'm there to actually buy something or not, I always peruse the sale racks in the clothing sections. Target has some of the best sales on clothing, especially because they always have so much leftover from the various seasons. I can always find SOMETHING (and usually more) on a Target sale-rack. For example, two weeks ago I snagged two dresses, 2 tanktops, a sweater and skort for a total of $30.00. SCORE!! Thank you Tar-jay for making it so easy to look so good.

I wore one of the dresses yesterday to church since Davey and I were being interviewed on stage by the pastor. We were asked about our involvement in our new church fundraising campaign and how we decided on how much to give and why we wanted to be involved, etc. It was a great opportunity to share about how much we love our church family and what it means to us to give sacrificially. We both dressed up a little bit more than we normally do for church, but I was glad to have a good excuse to wear a new outfit. I felt very southern in my boots and plaid dress.

My illustration doesn't do it justice, but the dress is super-cute. I wish I had an awesome camera, lived in New York, and had someone awesome to take my photo like this gal does. I adore her ensembles, she knows just how to put an outfit together. I also appreciate that most of her wardrobe is thrifted -- as is most of mine. I have no idea who she is, but this is the kind of girl I could spend an entire Saturday with just going through Goodwill and Salvation army racks of "stuff", just to find a few keepers.
 
Do you have any thrifted articles of clothing that you're proud of? Any online sources for buying clothes cheaply? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment